Each year, SDC Foundation elevates the crafts of directing and choreography by:
- Providing 25-30 paid Observerships and Fellowships for early to mid-career artists to hone their skills all over the country.
- Highlighting the artistry of directors and choreographers with One-on-One Conversations and the Masters of the Stage podcast series.
- Providing nuts-and-bolts career skills by hosting an Artistic Statement Clinic.
- Creating access and connections, and generating new ideas by producing Symposia, Industry Roundtables for directors and choreographers, and Master Classes.
- Connecting artists through speed-networking events for early-career directors.
- Developing the next generation of artistic leaders by offering an Artistic Leadership Group aimed at grooming directors and choreographers to lead organizations.
- Lifting up the art form by honoring directors and choreographers with our Fichandler, Callaway and “Mr. Abbott” Awards.
Help Stage Directors and Choreographers Foundation develop and promote the creativity and craft of stage directors and choreographers by making a donation today.